Would you like to switch your Blue Cross Plan for 2014?
If you're considering switching your health or dental plan, we can help answer your questions and find the plan that's best for you.
Switching plans is completely up to you. There are several types of plans to choose from. If you prefer to choose a different plan, you may do so until
March 31, 2014.
Who can switch?
If you are currently covered under one of the following Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Alabama plans, you are eligible to switch to a new plan:
- Total Blue
- Classic Blue
- BlueChoice Plus
- BlueChoice Essential
- Blue Link
- Alfa Health
- Special Open Enrollment Plans
- First National American Life
- Southern Health Systems
- PrimeHealth of Alabama
- Individual Blue Plans
- If your dental rider has been transitioned to our Dental Blue® plan
Anyone can enroll in our new plans until March 31, 2014. If you do not have a current Blue Cross Individual or Family plan please click here to enroll today.
When can I switch?
Open Enrollment ends March 31, 2014, and you will have the option to switch to a new plan until that time.
How do I switch?
- Switch online. Use the "Shop Plans & Switch" button below to compare plans and choose your new one.
- Click "Shop Plans & Switch"
- Enter your Contract ID, Last Name, Date of Birth and the last four digits of the contract holder's Social Security number.
- Click "Switch."
Note: If you are eligible to switch plans, a message will appear in a yellow bar at the top of the next screen. Select "click here" in that message to view your Plan Summary and request a change.
- Switch by phone. Call our Customer Service Department toll free at 1-855-350-7443 (TTY 711).